Let’s admit it: Sometimes the PMS symptoms are so bad, you just want to curl up and wait it out. That’s when you need a PMS survival kit--a collection of soft, cozy, comfortable things that will help you pamper yourself a bit until you’re ready to get back to the daily grind.
What goes into the perfect PMS survival kit? We took a stab at it with our GirlU Pampering Gift Basket Giveaway (enter now, and be sure to check out the rules and regs!), which includes things like gourmet chocolate, a Hot Cherry Therapeutic Pillow, Eos Lip Balm, and so much more! Here are some more ideas for the perfect self-pampering, PMS-symptom-fighting survival kit:
- A journal. The size, color, pattern, and type of paper don’t matter—get whatever delights you…and USE IT! For the times when your emotions are going haywire, or you just need a bit of time to yourself, take a moment to write down what you’re thinking and feeling. Getting things down on paper that you know you don’t have to share with anyone can be a great way to let out the bad mojo and get back to feeling better.
- A huge, plush uterus. Okay, maybe it’s not absolutely necessary, but come on, who doesn’t want a cute plush to cuddle the stuffing out of when you’re feeling down? And if it happens to be shaped like the organ that’s currently causing you woes…well, that’s just an added bonus.
- A giant glass of water. Staying hydrated is particularly important during PMS, so you definitely want to keep the water handy. And why not use a colorful glass or tumbler to cheer you up?
- A collection of favorite movies, music, and books. This will vary by person, of course, but what better way to treat yourself than to take some time with the stories you love? Watching a favorite movie, listening to soothing music, or reading a good book can go a long way toward making you feel better.
- A compact with your supply of GirlUninterrupted! GirlU is the all-natural way to fight PMS symptoms and make sure they stay gone.
So those are our ideas—now what about yours? Do you have go-to snacks or yoga poses just for that time of the month? How about a craft or a particular pair of fuzzy socks that cheers you right up? Join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or G+!