Overnight oats have become a pretty “trendy” breakfast meal – and we understand why! Overnight oats can be prepared a few nights in advance and eaten the next day.
- ½ cup organic oats
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 banana
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Mix oats, milk, chia seeds, cinnamon, and vanilla together. Put this mixture in a jar in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, add the peanut butter, banana, and any other fruit. We love adding fresh raspberries, strawberries, blueberries – or any other kind of berry. Enjoy!
Depending on your preferences, the peanut butter and vanilla can be substituted for ½ cup of nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt. We recommend playing around with ingredients to find what you love!
Omelet muffins are a healthy and easy breakfast idea you can make on Sunday and enjoy all week. They are very customizable and can be made with tons of different veggie, meat, and cheese options. You’ll need a muffin tin to make these adorable and healthy breakfast bites.
- 6 eggs (for a larger muffin pan use 10)
- ¼-1/2 cup milk
- Any veggies, meats, or cheeses. Combine any of the following:
- Green onions
- Bell pepper
- Diced ham
- Diced bacon
- Diced sausage
- Cheddar cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Whisk together the eggs and milk. Add in any spices you’d like (pepper, salt, parsley, etc.)
- Fill the muffin tin about 1/3 full of your veggies, meat, and cheeses.
- Fill the muffin tin (almost) the rest of the way with the egg mixture.
Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits
Fruit and yogurt parfaits are an easy, healthy, and yummy breakfast alternative. They can be customized with your favorite fruit and yogurt.
- ½ vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt (or any yogurt of your choice)
- Chopped berries (strawberries, blueberries etc.)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/3 cup granola
- Optional: Cinnamon, coconut flakes
- The night before, add yogurt, chia seeds, and cut up berries to a jar.
- In the morning mix in the granola, and enjoy!
Zucchini and Banana Muffins (recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart)
Zucchini and banana muffins are an easy breakfast you can make on Sunday and eat all week!
- Muffin tin
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup ground flaxseeds
- 1 cup light-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cup coarsely grated zucchini
- ½ cup mashed ripe banana
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowel, combine flour, brown sugar, flaxseed, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add banana and zucchini. In a small bowl, whisk the milk, egg, and vanilla together. Combine.
- Divide batter in muffin cups. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
We hope these recipes make your busy life a bit more simple and healthy in the mornings! Let us know if you make any of these in the comments below!