Ambition: when you have a deeply rooted desire for achievements, personal and professional.
Were you the type that wrote down their life goals in high school? Or are you the type that goes with the flow?
“Que sera, sera”
When picking a life partner, being on the same “page” is important. Having passion for life can’t be faked. You either have it or you don’t.
Looking at your significant other, examine the following:
- Does he/she love what they do?
- Have they moved up the salary ladder?
- Did he/she finish high school? College? Post-graduate?
- Do they have a plan for their goals?
Money tends to be a taboo topic but it can’t be, not when you’re considering a life-changing event like marriage.
There’s nothing wrong with having ambitions and expecting others to have the same.
Work / Life balance is a myth. It’s a juggling act, at best. In a relationship, knowing your role is what helps makes the balance.
Today’s Assignment: Take a few minutes to answer the following and reflect on your answers to these questions:
- How important are your ambitions to you?
- Where do you want to be in 1 year? 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?
- Do you need to be financially taken care of? If not, are you comfortable being the primary breadwinner?
- If you have children or want children, who is the primary caregiver?