Staying hydrated has never been more fun or flavorful! Here is the first of three recipes to “wet your whistle” this summer. It all starts with a pitcher of water adding fruit, vegetables and herbs that hopefully are plucked from your summer herb garden.
- Three Sprigs of Mints
- Slices of Lime
- Seedless watermelon chunks
- Muddle (mash up) the mint sprigs and lime slices in the bottom of the pitcher.
- Place chunks of watermelon in Cuisinart or Mini-Chopper to make a smooth puree.
- Add puree to the pitcher.
- Fill with water refrigerate.
Watermelon is loaded with Vitamin C and Vitamin Ad, plus it is a great source of lycopene, a powerful anti-oxidant. Plus, watermelon is a source of manganese and magnesium, two minerals that both lessen PMS symptoms!
Enjoy, and if it is cocktail time, a splash of rum makes a lovely evening cocktail.